Monday, September 29, 2008
In Defense of Talk Shows
I personally hate these types of talk shows. I think that they exploit people who are in a bad situation and humiliate them. But at the same time I do not understand why these people would put themselves through all of that humiliation. I agree with Barbara Ehrenreich when she states that the people who appear on these talk shows "mistake being at the center of attention for being actually loved and respected" (Reid 360). I know that whenever I have seen these shows I always ask myself why would these people want to be on here. They must know that no one really feels bad for them, that the only reason why the audience is cheering for them is so they keep entertainment going. I do not really think that the TV producers really want to help these people because honestly, who would want to hear a normal person talk about the problems that we all share? The producers know what makes money and that is defiantly not it. I might be making a generalization but the majority of producers are only looking out for their own best interest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment