Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Leave No Child Inside

I actually enjoyed reading this essay because it was something that I completely agreed with. Everywhere I look there is a new strip mall being built even though half of the ones that are built still have empty space. Right now as we speak the Amazon Rain Forest is being destroyed at one and a half acres a minute. For what? A few more shops, restaurants, or movie theaters? I think that the movtives people have for tearing down our trees.

It seems now that all kids want to do is sit around inside to play on the computer or some kind of video game. When I was young my brother and I would play outside with all the kids from all over the neighborhood. Now when I am outside I never see any children outside. Kids are becoming so unactive and are becoming unhealthy. Even some of my younger cousins are very big for their age. All they do is sit in front of the t.v. or computer and when my aunt and uncle tell them to go out they pitch a fit and scream until their parents gave in. I find it very sad.

1 comment:

Christopher Goolsby said...

I still think that The Biggest Loser for Kids would be a great idea to get people to become aware of this situation. Or the video game companies could make games that are more interactive. I commemorate the Wii for attempting at it, but I mean a little more than that. Like the DDR is a perfect example. But I, on the other hand, didn’t like this essay. It was way too long even though I do agree with a lot of it. But that Ecovillage was taking it pretty far.