Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christianity and the Survival of Creation

I have a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to religion. When I was younger my family went to church but stopped until I was in the sixth grade. We attended the same church until the end of my freshman year of highschool and leaving that church was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. But it was something that had to be done. The church was filled with people who were teaching the preachings of the bible but doing ungodly things. While my family has since moved on and started attending another church I can not bring myself to become close to people only to have to leave them again.

Everything that happened while attending that church was made me question everything about religion and church . That is why I agree with Berry when he says that you do not have to go to church to believe in God. While I do not go to church on a regular basis I still believe in God with my whole heart. Berry also critizes christians who have not read the Bible to its full extent. I am one of those people. I have tried to read the Bible but just do not find it to be that interesting. I guess you just have to have devotion. But Berry is very hipocritical because he says he has not even read it all the way through.

1 comment:

ADUB said...

I thoroughly agree with yu kayla. berry did not come off as very under standing. i mean he is very hypocritical because he criticizes Christians who do not read the bible to its full extent, but is ok with them not going to church. but very good blog kayla