Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Whole Horse

The beginning of this essay reminded me of one I had read last year in my English class. I am not a hundred percent sure of the title but I know that the word horse was in there which I thought was a kind of funny since these two were so alike. They both dealt with the fact that people are never happy with what they have and we are such a materialistic society as a whole. I must admit I like new things and spend money on things that I do not necessarily need but I know that there are limits.
But I could not even tell you what the rest of this essay was about. It is one of the worst thing I have read in a while. I could not keep my mind on what I was reading and would find my mind wandering and thinking about everything BUT the essay. All I know now after "reading" this essay is that it was very boring and I have absolutely no idea what it was really about.

1 comment:

Christopher Goolsby said...

I sort of disagree. Yes, it was boring as anything. But I enjoyed the language and the complexity of the statements. I really enjoyed how it just pointed out a flaw right from the very beginning and kept going with it. It was way too long however and I definitely lost interest. But now that you have brought it up, I would like to know about the horse. Maybe a Godfather reference