I do not really agree with the author in this essay. I believe that there are two sides to everything and that is how it always will be. Opinions is not something that Americans just invented one day. Since the very first people on Earth have been alive I am sure there has been conflicts of opinion. While there are people at total opposite ends of the argument, there is normally some in the middle who are willing for a little more compromise than others but this does not make them less ignorant or argumentitive than the ones who completely agree or the people who disagree.
Another thing I disagree with is that increasing technology has isolated us in a bubble. I believe that while communication might not be as personal it has done far from isolate. The advances in technology has helped us reach out to others in different cities, states, and countries. How has this isolation?
I am not disputing the fact that some may take their opinions to the extreme as to lie and decieve others in order to gain popularity or to bring more people to their side of the argument. I just believe that a conflict of opinion is something that has always been there and is not something that has just evolved as time has gone by. People will forever find something to disagree about and that is human nature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I got something completely different that what was supposed to be from this essay. In my mind, i thought of how people who be less arguementative if they knew that it could lead to blows. People have become too comfortable with just yelling and being rude and nobody doing anything to them. It would just take a swift punch to silence a person like that and i think some people deserve that. But I don't think that this essay was expressing that view so I guess I am just completely wrong on that.
Post a Comment